I have a quick tip for you today that will come in handy as you’re working on getting ahead on your blogging. It’s using the draft feature. Yes, it’s handy that WordPress and most other blogging platforms have a way to save your posts as drafts so you can continue to work on it over the course of a few days. It’s even better that they usually auto-save for you – at least it is in my case. But there’s another great way to use the draft feature.
You can use drafts to get ahead of the blogging game in several different ways. Let’s start with the most obvious one.
Use Drafts to Work on Your Next Blog Post (or Two)
The most obvious way to use drafts is of course to work on your current blog post until it is ready to publish. But don’t just stop there. If you know you have a busy day tomorrow or later on in the week, go ahead and give yourself a head start by creating a draft and working on it here and there as you can fit it in your busy day. You’ll be glad you did when it comes time to wrap up that particular post.
Use Drafts to Plan Out Your Week
You can also use drafts to plan out your blogging for the week. Let’s say you want to post 5 times per week. Come up with 5 topics and create a draft for each. Then start working on them, making sure you wrap up and publish at least one of the posts on each of your publishing days.
Not only will this keep you on track and show you at a glance what you’ll be blogging about this week, it also allows you to work on multiple posts throughout the week, giving you options when you get stuck on writing one post.
Use Drafts as A Way of Storing Blog Post Ideas
Let’s wrap this up with my favorite way to use the drafts feature. And that’s to use it as storage container for ideas for future blog posts. Here’s how to do it. When you get an idea for a blog post, go ahead and create a draft. Come up with a working title and make a quick note of what your blog post will be about. If you’re feeling ambitious, go ahead and write a quick outline for the post. Then save it as a draft.
Do this anytime you come up with an idea and save them for later. Then whenever you need something to blog about, browse through your drafts and pick one of these. The idea is there and you may even have done some of the writing already. These drafts make for fast blog posts and are just the thing when you’re suffering from writer’s block.
Hey B-A-D Bloggers-
Welcome to the Blog-Day-Challenge October 2016
This is going to be a great month and this challenge is a little different than the challenges in the past. First, you don’t even need a blog- you can post on LinkedIN, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or Youtube- whatever channel you use to get your message out there. Frankly all I want is to have more eyes on you.
Each of you are also supporting a great cause, Curing Retinal Blindness (www.crb1.org) at the same time. How cool is that!!!
The theme this month is MOVING FORWARD because thriving is all about taking one step forward at a time, consistent small actions lead to SUCCESS.
For this weekend (October 1st and 2nd), please introduce yourself in the comments section (this will allow me to approve you as a commenter). Tell us a little bit about your blog and what you are passionate about. Post a link here back to your blog so we can all get to know each other better.
Please also throughout the month, go and comment on each other’s blog posts and SHARE them
If everyone comments and shares on social media, everyone will have greater visibility. You can still invite your friends at blogadaychallenge
IMPORTANT: Post a comment now to this post so that I can approve you as a commenter.
This is going to be a great month for all!
Have fun and look forward to reading your posts- sue
Want to join us and learn more about getting your message out to the world:
Today, I invite you to step into being GREAT. To connect with people in a bigger way, to live today with just a little more passion. To pick a goal that you thought was a little too big and take 1 step toward it.
Everyone is born with innate greatness and when you connect to that AND live into it- WOW! that is where the juice of life is and when the magic happens. Try it on for today and then perhaps tomorrow and then….
Enjoy your wonderful fantastic day!
Thought I would do something fun for today, the 23rd of the month. Here are some reasons why 23 is the greatest number of all time as stated by www.urbandictionary.com I changed # 8 to It is Tennis Day because that is important to me (see my blog post on “Why I am addicted to Professional Tennis”) and #12 because, come on, we all need to celebrate International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day. Enjoy!
Here are 23 Reasons why 23 is the greatest number: It is…
1. a prime number, as are 2 and 3.
2. Michael Jordan’s number.
3. the NBA record for most consecutive points scored by a single player in a game, done by none other than Michael Jordan.
4. the number of chromosomes in a human sperm or egg.
5. the angle between the earth’s magnetic and rotational axis.
6. the Tropic of Cancer at 23 degrees N Latitude.
7. the Tropic of Capricorn at 23 degrees S Latitude.
8. Tennis Day
9. the most quoted Psalm in the bible (“The Lord is my shepherd…”
10. the number of people executed in “A Tale of Two Cities”
11. the smallest number of people for which there is at least a 50% chance that two will share the same birthday.
12. International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day
13. one of the “Lost” numbers on the television show….also the sum of two of the other numbers (8 & 15)and the solution to 42-15-4=23, all of which are also Lost numbers.
14. the number of times Caesar was stabbed in Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar.
15. has been prominently featured in the following: Serendipity, Futurama, Star Wars A New Hope, Monty Python The Life of Brian, Seinfeld, The Big Lebowski, The Matrix Reloaded, and Die Hard III among MANY MANY other movies.
16. the number of flavors Dr. Pepper claims to be a blend of.
17. the number of distinct orientations of Tetris pieces.
18. the sum of U2, the greatest band ever. U is the 21st letter of the alphabet.
19. the number of letters in the latin alphabet.
20. the number of the Illuminati.
21. the letter W in the english alphabet, a letter with 2 points down and 3 points up.
22. the smallest number of integer sided boxes that tile a box such that no two boxes share a common length.
23. the only US president to serve between nonconsecutive terms of another president (23rd president Benjamin Harrison serving between Grover Cleveland’s terms).
Good morning! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are ready to tackle our last week of the Blog-A-Day Challenge. Time to play with some other mediums as I have seen some of our bloggers doing. Think also about creating a way to have people connect with you beyond the challenge (special report, a webinar etc).
Wishing you a Magnificent Monday!
If you are familiar with my work, then you know that helping people understand and live into their values is deeply important to me. It is my mission to support people in living out their passion by creating businesses that support their dreams and desire to serve others. Having each of you share what is important to you on this forum has made me smile each and every day. So, I want to express my gratitude and appreciation for each of you.
Thank You and have a nice weekend!
Wow, the days seem to be flying by in this challenge.
I was on a blab yesterday talking about how to repurpose of your content. Since leverage is one of my favorite words, here are just a few tips about how to increase the visibility and reach of your blog posts. I will be writing more about this later today:
- When you write a blog post, take the few extra minutes to share it on social media (or have it set up automatically to share as I do)
- Look back on comments or on topics that you felt a passion for and repurpose it by creating a short video or you can create a special report that you invite people to download. By seeing you on video or having someone opt-in to receive information from you, you are creating a stronger relationship.
- Share your information with other bloggers or in forums by either offering to guest blog or posting a link back to your blog posts.
If you missed my post yesterday about 5 ways to promote your blog, here it is again:
5 Ways to Promote Your Blog
Have a great day!
Happy President’s Day
You are at the halfway mark!!
Whether you have been blogging everyday or you have dropped off a little, make the commitment this week to get back on track. Finish strong. One easy way is to create a theme for the week and write different blog posts related to that theme. Ideas include: a comprehensive post introducing the topic, a shorter tip sheet, an infographic or perhaps even a poll to engage your audience. You could even add in a short video. Then a summary at the end of the week. Have fun with your blog.
Have a great day!
Wishing you a wonderful Saturday. I look forward to sitting in front of the fire and catching up on my reading tonight. Many of you may be doing the same. This weekend I invite you to try something new on your blog. Maybe you decide to shoot a video or share a quote that inspires you.
I will be posting the survey here over the weekend. Please take the time to complete it (should take less than 5 minutes).
Also you may have noticed that I figured out how to add the social buttons. PLEASE use them to share the post- this will help all of you. Thanks.
Have a fantastic weekend!!
Congrats to All of You!
You are all doing sharing such great information and support that each day I get excited to read what you have shared.
Thanks for being so committed to yourself and each other.
There are a few people who have really stood out by their posts and comments for the first week and I want to give them a BIG SHOUT-OUT:
Karen Langston: www.karenlangston.com
Juan d”Argent: www.noeconnect.com
Kathy Marcino: www.kmmdisc.com
Terry Green: www.bizeasesupport.com
Cliff Martin: www.claritytodesire.com
We have another survey coming this weekend about week 2. PLEASE fill it out as I really do value your feedback.
Enjoy your weekend!