As we head into the weekend, here is a quick top 10 list to living as your best self. When you are in control, you feel confident and you can reach out to others and support them just a little bit more. Feeling your best allows you to smile more, stay out of overwhelm and just plain Love your LIFE! This takes a little bit work (hey the payoffs are huge so a little work is not so bad.
So here it is, the 10 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do to Be your Best Self:
- Manage your time:– everyone has the same 24 hours each day. So learn to use yours most effectively so you can spend more of your time doing what makes your heart sing.
- Set goals: To set a goal, you need to know what you want. That is half the battle. Spend some time each week reflecting on what you really want and doing things that move you toward your goals.
- Listen: Do you listen to others or are you really just waiting to say something next? When you are thinking of what to say, you are not fully present with the other person. Few people truly listen. Be one of the unique who really do and you will see your conversations and relationships deepen.
- How to have a conversation with someone new: Every person you know now was a stranger at some point in time. Learn how to engage and chat with new people and your perspective on the world will change.
- Apologize: Hey, we all make mistakes. No one is perfect. Learn to accept responsibility and apologize easily and your relationships will be much smoother.
- Back up your computer: As someone who recently experienced a computer melt-down, I emphatically recommend that you do this on a regular basis. You can not act as your best self is you don’t have the tools to support you and most of us use a computer to support us. Just consider the havoc you would face if you computer died on your today. Be proactive and back-up.
- Eat properly: Nothing impacts your health more than the food that you eat. You can not be your best self if your health is not optimal. Learn what are the best food choices and make them on a daily basis. Your energy, confidence and feeling of well-being will sky-rocket.
- Ask for help: This may be the most important of all in order to living your best life. You can’t do it alone!
- Receive: Not only do you need to ask, you must receive help graciously. Whether it is help, money, advice or anything else, you won’t get much of it unless you are open to receiving it. So ASK, then RECEIVE.
- Find your voice and use it: Everyone has a message to share and when you are sharing it, you are connecting to others in a powerful way. Learn how to effectively deliver your message so you can reach more people.
So, as you look through the list, see where you are already and what you can improve to help you Be your Best Self and Live your Best Life.